The Ortek-ECD™- A Revolution In Early Caries Detection
• Jumpstart Your Practice
• Instantly Diagnose Suspicious Occlusal Lesions
• New Profit Center
• Return On Investment In Just Days
• 100% Sensitivity, 93% Specificity
• Breakthrough Electronic Conductance Technology
• Early Intervention Conserves Tooth Structure
• Immediate Quantitative Caries Score
The Ortek-ECD™ was specifically designed to instantly detect occlusal cavitated lesions at the earliest possible stages - helping solve a major diagnostic challenge for dental professionals while creating a valuable new profit center.
Unlike other caries detection systems, the revolutionary ECD measures the conductivity of enamel. The ECD accurately detects if these prevalent lesions have initially breached the dentin-enamel junction, advanced and progressed further into the dentin, or are confined to the enamel.
The ECD instantly displays a quantitative digital caries score depending on the extent of decay into the dentin. A zero score indicates a non-cavitated occlusal lesion or a sound enamel site.
Highly efficacious, extremely affordable, fast and easy to use, the ECD is an essential new diagnostic tool that will transform your practice by improving patient outcomes.
"It's great to have a diagnostic device like the ECD that is very affordable, provides optimal patient care, and can be a significant new profit center with a rapid return on investment In my clinical use, the ECD was 100% accurate in detecting suspicious cavitated lesions on occlusal surfaces-lesions I would normally monitor."
Brian J Rosen* DDS - Lynbrook, New York
√ Proven Efficacy and Technology:
• 100% Sensitivity, 93% Specificity**
• Measures minuscule amounts of conductive dentinal fluid that enters breached enamel sites, allowing the ECD to complete an electrical circuit. Loss of mineral from enamel as a result of caries activity increases porous size and enamel porosity.
√ Fast and Easy to Use:
• Dry occlusal surface with an air blast. Without probing, gently place the novel conductive tip at the bottom of a pit or fissure.
• ECD provides instant digital caries score from 00 to 100.
• Minimal training needed.
• Not affected by stain.
√ Multiple Practice Benefits:
• Helps confirm treatment options including restorative procedures and noninvasive strategies.
• Extremely affordable.
• New profit center.
• Rapid return on investment.
√ Multiple Patient Benefits:
• Early detection helps save tooth structure, resulting in better patient outcomes.
• Diagnosing prevalent early cavitated lesions that often go undetected by x-ray, probing and visual method.
• Painless and no ionizing radiation.
• Eliminates the need for potentially harmful probing.
√ Easily Integrates with Hygiene Exams:
• After routine prophylaxis treatment, quickly examine any suspicious occlusal lesions.
√ Portable, No Maintenance:
• Lightweight, and powered by a 9V alkaline battery.
• Single patient use conductive tips.
• Just replace battery as needed.
* Dr. Rosen has been a paid consultant
** View clinical study
Review Dentistry Today Quick Technique